Our mission as a school community is to educate each student to become a responsible, caring individual who learns to learn and loves to learn. We do this by creating opportunities for students to explore, think critically, collaborate, and problem solve in an environment of awareness of respect for self and others. We do this so that our students are empowered to become lifelong learners and strong ethical citizens who positively impact their school and community.
FCPS School Profile
The community of learners of Great Falls Elementary School envisions a diverse community of learners working together to achieve their limitless potential as moral, conscientious citizens.
- Students will develop an awareness of community resources and how they can make a difference within that community.
- Students will develop a sense of purpose and an awareness of societal responsibility.
- Students will be sensitive to individual differences.
- Students will accept diversity.
- Students, parents, and staff will collaboratively be accountable for high achievement in the classroom and within the community.
The Great Falls School community recognizes that all students can learn. We will engage in on-going assessment to monitor learning. We will remediate and challenge all students using a variety of strategies, programs, resources and best instructional practices. We will work collaboratively to set and maintain high expectations and offer a challenging, stimulating curriculum.
- All students can learn.
- The partnership between family, community, and school is essential to our success.
- In remediating and challenging all students using research-based best instructional practices.
- Technology plays a key role in preparing children for twenty-first-century learning.
- Individual needs of each child are recognized and met through differentiation.
- Students should be safe, responsible, and respectful.
- In helping students to recognize their talents and to make positive contributions to society.